- tatiana (not surprising, but still bullshit)
- the americans (save for that nod to margo martindale)
- rian johnson for his direction of ozymandias
- dean fucking norris (i am really flummoxed by this one)
- probably more that i’m forgetting
I’m excited to see both uzo aduba and laverne cox nominated, and i hope that true detective (which was great, sure) in all of its newness and McConaissance buzz does not steal awards away from the more deserving vince gilligan and co. for the RIDICULOUS, heartbreaking, constantly unnerving final season of breaking bad.
(obligatory disclaimer in which I say that I know all award shows, and the emmys in particular, operate within a broken and unfair system, but i so passionately love television as a storytelling medium and i enjoy seeing the people who do it well get recognized for it.)